When it comes to ensuring that the air in your workplace is safe to breathe, the first thing that comes to your mind is to buy a commercial air purifier. However, as soon as you go online, you will notice that apart from choosing from so many brands, you also have to choose between filter air purifiers and filter-less air purifiers. So, if you don’t have a clue about what makes one of them better for your specific requirements, reading this guide will help you learn all the basic things you must know before making any purchase.
Difference between Filter and Filter-less Air Purifier
Your choice of commercial air purifier should be based on what type of pollutants you want to target to make the environment of your commercial space better.
Filter Air Purifiers
- Filter air purifiers use one or more filtration media to remove the air pollutants from indoor air.
- They are good for removing dander, dust, odors, and allergens; however, not necessarily efficient at killing germs, bacteria, and viruses.
- They cover less area, require more energy to function, and also generate more noise.
Filter-less Air Purifiers
- Filter-less air purifiers are best at sanitizing germs, viruses, and bacteria.
- They clean the air by using technologies that don’t require any kind of filter.
- They are energy-efficient, quiet, and require less maintenance as there is no filter to replace.
- They provide a better coverage area compared to filter-less air purifiers.
At times, when people are looking forward to working in a clean air environment without the fear of bacteria, pathogens, and viruses like Covid-19, it makes more sense to buy filter-less air purifiers for your commercial facility.
Do filter-less air purifiers really work? What technology do they use to purify the air?
Yes, high-quality filter-less air purifiers are very effective at ensuring pure and safe air for everyone to breathe. However, not all filter-less air purifiers are created equal.
Generally, there are four types of filter-less air purifiers in the market.
- Ionic Air Purifiers – Also, known as ionizers, these air purifiers work by releasing negative ions. These ions obliterate particle pollutants by reversing their charge, making them fall directly on the surfaces below, such as floors.
- UV Air Purifiers – These air purifiers utilize ultraviolet light to kill microorganisms, such as viruses, mold, bacteria, etc. Since these microorganisms don’t stand a chance in front of UV light, these purifiers are said to be highly effective.
- Photocatalytic Oxidation Air Purifiers – PCO for short, these purifiers use the photocatalytic oxidation process to produce ions that destroy pollutants in the air.
- Ozone-based – These types of air purifiers are a bit controversial because they produce ozone gas in small amounts to purify the air, and the ozone gas itself might be harmful to some people.
Thus, if you or someone in your home has medical issues, especially respiratory ailments, you should never pick ozone-based air purifiers.
Which filter-less air purifiers are best for commercial use?
If you want to bring commercial air purifiers to keep your air safe and pure by eliminating harmful microorganisms, such as germs, pathogens, mold, and viruses like Covid-19, SARS-COV-2, and other new variants, then buy Freshair filter-less air purifiers. Equipped with ionic, UV, and PCO technology, these air purifiers are highly safe and developed using Space-certified filter-less technology. Approved and certified by US FDA, they offer a 99.99 percent purification rate and are perfect for protecting your employees, visitors, and customers against the spread of infections and diseases. You can even use them in public places.