Do commercial air purifiers actually work? Some people make the mistake of thinking that they’re nothing but gimmicky machines. But they’re actually scientifically proven to improve the quality of indoor air. Air purifiers are the best way to guarantee that you breathe clean, sterilized air, especially in such a polluted country as the Philippines!
Commercial air purifiers vs. air filters
Air purifiers and filters are often confused with each other because they sound similar. But they are not the same. The main difference lies in how effective each device is.
Air filters sieve out pollutants like dust, mold, and bacteria. They can be made of different materials, such as activated carbon, fiberglass, and most notably High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters.
The downside to air filters is that they only trap air in your HVAC system, which means you need to clean it out regularly. Failure to do so will result in a dirty filter, defeating the machine’s primary purpose!
Meanwhile, air purifiers use more advanced technology to clean your air. Instead of relying on filters, they release electrical charges or ultraviolet light to sterilize your surroundings.
An effective air purifier can remove all of the following contaminants:
- Pet dander
- Pollen and dust mites
- Tobacco smoke and ash
- Mold and mildew
- Bacteria, fungi, and viruses
The benefits of using commercial air purifiers
It’s no surprise that air purifiers are more effective than filters and other devices. In fact, using these systems in your home and office can help:
- Remove both airborne and surface-bound germs
- Reduce your chances of contracting airborne diseases like the flu, colds, chickenpox, and measles
- Improve your sleep by removing allergens that can trigger sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes
- Increase your life expectancy by reducing indoor air pollution and preventing chemicals and gases from accumulating in your lungs
- Purify your surrounding and remove foul odors from food, smoking, and pets