If you find yourself with frequent allergic reactions, sneezing, asthma attacks, or other adverse reactions to poor quality indoor air, you may need to consider investing in a high-quality air purifier. Air purifiers for home work with a system of fans to draw air from your home through filters to eliminate airborne particles, like pollen, bacteria, and dust. The purified air is then circulated back to the room, so you can breathe cleaner and healthier air, and reduce your chance of becoming sick. Some products are versatile and can also deodorize and sterilize the air.
Are you still wondering why you need one? Here are five reasons to help you make an informed decision:
1. You’re a smoker or you live with one – You may already know how harmful cigarette smoke is. It smells bad, too. Opening a window and spraying air freshener may not be enough to eliminate smoke and odors completely from your home, so it may be best to have an air purifier to do the job for you.
2. You have respiratory health issues – People who have asthma and allergy sufferers alike may notice reduced incidents of attacks and symptoms after installing an air purifier. High-quality air purifiers for home are also capable of eliminating dust, pet dander, and pollen effectively using a dual process purification method.
3. You live in a busy environment – Even if you keep your windows closed, some of the debris and pollution can still get through the cracks or whenever someone opens the door. Air purifiers could capture and eliminate airborne particles and pollutants from the street or construction sites nearby.
4. You have pets – Even if you have hairless or short-haired animals in your home, their skin will still release dander and dead skin cells into the air. Your pets could even collect dust and pollen in their coats and bring them indoors and straight to you. In that case, you need a robust air purifier that can capture bigger particles like pet hair. Some purifiers could even trap odors to keep your home smelling nicer.
5. You want to improve your health – Air purifiers for home can remove airborne common bacteria and viruses that can cause illnesses and prevent them from spreading further. They could even eliminate mold.